@ PROTON Holdings Berhad
The following performance criteria should be initiated to achieve a reduction in cycle time:
- > Thoroughly train key personnel in all aspects of cycle time reduction and quick response.
- > Quantify the business impact of cycle time reduction and quick response.
- > Organize and train multi-functional teams to shorten cycle time for all manufacturing, non-manufacturing and administrative processes.
- > Map all supply chain processes, clearly identifying value added and non-value added activities, bottleneck, queues, cycle times, etc.
- > Specifically define the barriers preventing you from achieving reductions in cycle time, and have an action plan to remove these barriers.
- > Actively work with key vendors to achieve mutually agreed upon goals for cycle time reduction.
- > Reduce lot sizes, changeover times and queues in all areas.
- > Heavily weigh primary performance measurements and reward systems toward fast, on-time customer response.
- > Precisely predict your delivery leadtime for customers and/or replenish inventories.
- > Ensure that leadtimes are equal to or less than what your customers need and want.